Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Catching Up

I've had a whirlwind week and I have not been able to post regularly. I have been able to read a lot so here's the highlights:

I finished The Poisonwood Bible. This is one of my favorite books. A disgruntled Baptist missionary takes his wife and daughters into the Congo. How could anything possibly go right?

I greatly enjoyed a second reading of The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown. I absolutely love this "non" self help book.

I ran through an airport and grabbed, The Girl King. by Meg Clothier. This book is a novel based on the famous Georgian Queen Tamara. If you're tired of Tudor novels and need something new and juicy, this book is for you. I really liked it.

This morning I cried as I finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. This novel is about a little boy who is coming to terms with his father's death. His father died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks and it is a brilliantly written book that should be read by every American.

No comments: