Friday, April 27, 2012

All That Is Bitter And Sweet By Ashley Judd


I really enjoyed reading this book.  I was not a huge Judd's fan but I did like Wynonna's solo albums a lot.  I remember when Ashley Judd was revealed as the second Judd sister and everyone was shocked to learn Naomi had a second child that no one had heard about up to that time.  Ashley's book explains all that and much more.

Ashley had a pretty rough childhood and suffered from emotional and physical abandonment issues the result of which was chronic depression.  She is pretty gracious about her mother but she tells it all like it is and as I read through the book, my respect for her grew.

Not only is she an accomplished actress, but she has moved into humanitarian work and her motive seems genuine.  It's not just an "I'm a cool actress and so here's my working with children" act.

What I appreciated the most in the book was Ashley's honesty and how she shares the emotional process she went through as she began to get involved with raising awareness for people all over the world.  She had to work through her childhood issues and she shares how tough you have to be emotionally to do that kind of work.

Ashley has a brave and courageous heart and her life is nothing short of inspiring.


No comments: