Thursday, April 19, 2012

Orphans by V.C. Andrews



I wanted to try a book by V.C. Andrews and so I picked up this copy of Orphans at our library used books sale for 10 cents because it looked interesting. I did some research and found that V.C. Andrews did not actually write this book but it was written by a ghost writer who was appointed by the estate to keep grinding out her "books." Failure.

That said, I can't say I didn't enjoy this book a little. It features the stories of four orphans who are adopted by couples with various mental issues and how they didn't fit into their homes and then ended up at the same foster care center. After the first two stories, the next two were not as interesting as the plot was exactly the same for each girl. Mixing up the individual stories and making them different would have made this a really interesting little read. As it was, I cranked through the last two stories at a fast pace, knowing what would happen.

No comments: