Tuesday, February 14, 2012

GoodReads.com

Okay to add some punch to my book life. I just joined GoodReads. I'm totally overwhelmed but I loved rating the books and I like how they automatically found other books that I might be interested in reading. I found it a great way to find new books to read in my favorite genres. However, the whole media site overwhelmed me a bit.

Is anyone using GoodReads that could give me some advice on the best way to connect with others? I could not find a button or link I could put on my blog. Is there one? I do not automatically link social media sites with Facebook as I feel Facebook is becoming too intrusive and I want to use it to connect with people but do not want to share my whole entire life on the site. I am dreading the timeline. I think Mark Zuckerburg has lost his mind if he thinks everyone needs to post every move they make on the internet. Ahem, but I digress.

If any of my readers use GoodBooks, please let me know in the comments how I can link to you. It does seem like a great way to keep track of books you've read and share with others. Thanks!

2/15/12 Update To This Post:

I found the GoodReads widget! Check out my sidebar and click it to follow me on GoodReads!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a Goodreader and I love it. Check me out Gwynneth White and befriend me. I love making friends on Goodreads. There is a way to get a button. I think you need to go to the help section. I have joined few groups which are fun... and then just get talking to people on the various forums. I will look for you next time I visit. By the way, I found you on Book Blogs. Please feel free to check me out at:
http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com
Gwynn White

Kate said...

I found you! Thanks! LOL. I did find the widgets! GoodReads is amazing. I joined a long time ago and it overwhelmed me but I decided it might be interesting since I was starting a book journal blog. It is fun. I have to figure out how the forums work! ;)