Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Re-Read of "My Life In France" By Julia Child With Alex Prud'homme




I am currently doing a re read of the wonderful My Life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme and since it is Valentine's Day, I would like to honor this day of love by doing a post on someone who lived her life by constantly whipping up love in everything she touched. I am an avid cook as well as a reader and am currently working my way through the recipes in the cook book Julia Child made famous, Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child, Louisette Bertholle and Simone Beck. I will write a blog post about this amazing cook book when I finish it.

Today I want to focus on her memoir, My Life in France and if you are at all interested in Julia Child's cookbooks, french cooking or life in France, or just loved the movie, Julie & Julia, you must pick up this book and read it. It documents her falling in love with France, the culture, french food, cooking and shares stories of the biggest love in her life, her husband Paul.

This is one of the best memoirs ever. Period. You will want to move to Europe, learn to cook, fall in love and live an amazing life that is incomparable to anyone else. That's what Julia did!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: